Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Liz with Lady Luck

If I seem bitter lately, I am. This past month has been quite the adventure. I found a buyer for my car but I can't find the title. Of course. So I print out the forms and head to the DMV. While there I realize the car is in Dan's name and I need the POA (power of attorney) which is at home. I go home and grab and return except now the line is way too long and I'll be late to class.

So today I return and as soon as I get the DMV, I realize I do not have my purse with me. Great. So I head back home and grab it.

Then I get to the counter and I need a lien release so I have to call the bank and wait for that. Well they didn't date it or sign it so I had to call them again.

But I finally got the title and I am ready to sell my car!

BUT it gets better. Last night I noticed all sorts of black specks all over the carpet. I was about to murder a cat since I vacuumed the day before. But I look closer and it is not stuffing from a toy, they are bugs. I call my terminator blubbering (because it's after 6pm and my brain turns off at night). Somehow he understands me and tells me it's probably termites because of the shape and it's swarming season. Great. There goes my the rest of the sale from my car.

In the big scheme of things, these are small. I've handled worse but it just seems that I can't catch a breather inbetween. I want to play the lottery because I can't possibly have this much bad luck without something good but I know better than to play with chance.

So next week the movers are coming and then just a few more weeks until I visit Dan and then just a few more weeks until exams are over and I move in with Dan in PA. I'm so excited to be with him but I am seriously going to miss the people I've met here.

1 comment:

  1. only 16 days left till you're up here :) almost there. it'll get better. <

    ReplyDelete