Saturday, March 28, 2009

During Dan's Deployment

Okay, he's not really deployed. But I like alliteration and couldn't think of a better word.

It's been awhile since I've updated. What has even happened since? Well, what HASN'T?!

Dan left for Rhode Island for two months and I opted to stay here and finish school instead of moving to PA and being bored while waiting for Dan. Besides, two months isn't too long, I am a strong independent woman right?

HA! I fell to putty. I had no idea how dependent and attached I was to Dan until he left. This absence has made me realize how much I took him for granted.

Since then I got my first speeding ticket. I was going 57 because I thought it was 60 but it was a speed trap and didn't realize it changed to 45. Oops!

I adopted a black cat from Dan's Aunts. I named him Davy and he bit Jack's butt. They are now in separate rooms. I love them both but I think it's in Jack's best interest if we allow another family to adopt Davy. It's heartbreaking. I feel like a bad kitty mommy. In the meantime, Jack is planning my death every time I clean his abscess and give him medicine while Davy cries to be let loose in the house. The good news is that since Dan is gone, Jack gave up on being a daddy's boy and now cuddles with me.

My biology class is killing me. I failed my midterm along with 98% of the class. I'm not even getting a 100% on my take home quizzes. I don't understand it!!! I should get every single question right if it's open book. I am so frustrated.

In the meantime, Dan and I found a house to rent in PA. It's not downtown like I would've liked but it is on a bus route and only 5 miles away from school so it should be fine. I'm really hoping they have some good grocery stores up there. I am going to miss Publix like whoa.

Monday I am selling my car to another Prelude lover! I am so stoked! I didn't want my car to go to any schmoe. She'll be going to someone who will appreciate her so I am glad. With some of the proceeds, I am going shopping! I am so stoked about spring and summer clothes right now. Then the rest of it will go to a moving emergency fund.

I have cruises on the brain again and really want to go on another one but the timing won't work this year. Dan said maybe next year and it may be an Eastern European one too!! I can wait a year if we go to Italy and Spain!

If you are military, Disney is doing a promotion for their parks, go check it out! It's very similiar to what Busch Gardens did a few years back. I'm not sure if we will go this year or not. I can't wait until Universal hops on the bandwagon. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure were my favorite and Dan hasn't been yet.

Monday I have a research paper due for my English class and then the following Monday I have a research paper due for my History Class. I see Dan in three weeks and in a month are exams and then I leave for PA. I feel the fire under my feet but I still don't realize how much I am going to miss the people I've met here. I got a tiny glimpse of it at lunch yesterday but I pulled it together and will save it for when I leave.

In cleaning my office and looking for the title of my car, I got distracted and uploaded a bunch of photos to my facebook. Go check it out. If that isn't enough Liz for you, check out my twitter. I've been a bit twitter happy lately.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a place to live! I wasn't sure since Dan hasn't gotten back to me yet. Where are you gonna be living?

    As for grocery stores, there's Walmart, Giant, Weis, and Wegman's. And Target. There are some small ethnic grocers, but I don't eat ethnic foods (I'm a plain jane, lol), so I can't say where they are. There's also McClanahan's downtown, but I think they're pricey and mostly only the kids who live downtown shop there. Wegman's is probably the best grocery store. Lots of options. They're a bit pricey as well though.

    If you wanna know anything else, feel free to ask me! I've lived here for almost four years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Publix so much! The things we took for granted there...but now we shop a co-op, so it's all good. Locally grown, mostly organic foods.

    I've bee obsessing over vacation stuff lately too. I'm DYING to go to Spain, so I'm thinking I'll convince Dave that a week or so in Barcelona should be our next vacation. A cruise sounds fun, but there's so much to do and see, I'm not sure I could limit myself to just one day in a city. 9 days was just barely enough when we were in Rome, and we were lucky enough to be there during the down season while the lines were shorter. But Celebrity has some itineraries that are soooo tempting...

    ReplyDelete