Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am PISSED and YOU SHOULD BE TOO!

In general, I listen and read the news with a grain of salt. It's important to keep current with issues affecting our world but I then research the issues and form my own opinion.

Because I don't follow the norm, I keep my opinions to myself unless asked but not today.

When I vote November 4th, I am not only voting for the Presidency but also for the Senate and the House of Representatives and because I know nothing about the candidates in my area I headed to Project Vote Smart to inform myself without any bias so I can form my own opinion.

Just for kicks I clicked on the Presidential nominees. Then I got PISSED.

There is a BLACK FEMALE running for President. WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN MENTIONED ON TV?

There was so much hoopla over Hillary running and that's been wonderful. There has been so much hoopla over Barack Obama and Sarah Palin which is also fine because of all the firsts. But a minority female is running for President and to blatantly not report this is LYING.

I understand she is an Independent Party but that makes her no less of a candidate than McCain or Barack.

I am LIVID. How many other times has something this significant not made a blip on media?

This is the very reason why I hold media with a grain of salt. Don't believe everything you read and hear. Get the facts and form your opinions.


Project Vote Smart - Presidential Candidates

Javascript must be enabled.

1 comment:

  1. Your opinion matters..that's what makes the blogshere an online community! Thanks for speaking your mind..that's smart too :)

    ReplyDelete