Wednesday, September 10, 2008

But Freud says..

Growing up, as a family, we discussed our dreams. Even if you don't believe in the power of dreams, it's still fun analyzing them and trying to figure out what they mean.

Since this has become a little more than a hobby to me, I read up about it all the time and practice as much as I can.

Lately I've been feeling busy and rushed all the time. It just seems I have no free time to just sit on the couch and space out. I need my space out time but at the same time I'm really enjoying my extra activities. It's very gratifying.

Well since I won't listen to my body, my brain sends me a message in my sleep.

Last night I dreamed several dreams. The first one involved kissing another person other than my husband. And then the second dream involved running away with another man and then pursuing myself as Dan in a mini cooper.

As soon as I woke up I confessed my sins to Dan. I was so upset and distraught.

Freud would say I want to be with another man but that's not true so I'm going to analyze this dream as a metaphor that my life is too stressful and another life just seems rosier so I run away.

So if it seems like I haven't been blogging as much as usual, feel free to smack me.

1 comment:

  1. You be sure to blog without obligation..and interesting dreams you shared here.I don't think we control our dreams so it's easy to not always understand why some of the stuff we dream about seems odd.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete