Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dinner ideas?

Since I've been working evenings, I've been slacking on the dinner front. I'll usually make a sandwich or something quick to bring to work but usually I leave Dan to fend for himself. Well he's a little tired of eating ramen and mac-n-cheese. I guess it's time for me to help out a bit.

The problem is that I don't know what to buy him at the grocery store that he'll make for himself. I can buy him frozen pizzas like he requested but he can't eat them 5 days of the week. The other days when I am home, I don't feel like cooking, I'm tired. How in the world does the "modern women" do it all? I don't even have kids yet! How do you do it?

I just cleaned up my office and I am flipping through my recipes to inspire me. The problem is, I don't have TIME to cook so this means Dan will have to cook or I have to resort to buying pre-packaged, processed food that is ready to eat. All this week I work from 4-8. It's only 4 hours but talk about inconvenient timing!

So what do you do? Please help a girl out!

4 comments:

  1. I have a lot of quick, easy dishes. They may not be the healthiest, so I don't know if you're interested. But if you are, most of them are things that Dan could easily prepare himself! Let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffy: YES PLEASE! I already went grocery shopping. But I bought a fresh made lasagna and meatloaf that Dan can microwave so he'll be good for this week but I will need future ideas so please email me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Bertolli pastas in the bag are also pretty tasty and very easy to prepare. Some grocery stores also have Tyson beef tips in gravy, mashed potatoes and side dishes in the meat section (not the deli counter) that are heat and serve. That and a bag of salad could be a couple of meals worth.

    This time of year if I get a day off, I make a bunch of soups and freeze them in smaller containers for nights when we're busy and it's cold or one of us isn't feeling well.

    I usually leave Ira with cans of chili, cereal or peanut butter sammiches when I have rehearsals at night. It's good of you to make sure Dan is fed properly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to make a homecooked meal, you could always make it in the early afternoon before you leave, or the night before after work, and he can heat it up... Crockpot meals are easy and require nothing but letting it sit in the pot for 7-10 hours..Ready to eat meals can work on the nnights you REALLY dont want to cook :)
    I usually dont like to cook for 4 people after working all day/week either, and recently I've fallen for the recipes on the Campbell's soup cans! Each can comes with 4-5 recipes.. I highly recommend the porkchops with onion soup one, and there is a chicken/broccoli&cheese soup one.. They cook like casseroles so you prepare it, pop it in the oven, and forget about it for 20-30minutes :)

    ~

    ReplyDelete